Painting your home can not only improve its street appeal, but if you opt for heat reflective paint for your roof, you can also reduce cooling costs and your carbon footprint!
At Globalcote, we’ve created a specially formulated roof membrane which has heat reflective capabilities – Infracote.
In this blog, we share some of the product features, benefits and how to determine effectiveness at reflecting the sun’s radiation from the coated surface.
Paint That Reflects Heat: Globalcote Roof Membranes
Your roof cops the best and worst of mother nature – but you can reduce the amount of heat which is absorbed into your home when you opt for a reflective coating.
Our Infracote membrane – formulated and manufactured in Brisbane – uses technology to reflect the sun’s radiation away from areas that have been coated.
- Is water based so there’s limited clean up and drying time,
- Is made by an Australian owned and operated company,
- Has technology which enables self-cleaning and ensures there is minimal dirt pick up,
- Meets Australian and New Zealand standards (AS/NZS 4858 and AS 4654),
- Is created to a consistently high standard every time,
- Is durable, flexible and made to withstand harsh climates.
- Is an infrared reflective coating whose sole purpose is to reflect the sun’s radiation away from the roof surface.
Measuring How Reflective Your Coating Is
Here at Globalcote, we gauge the reflective capability of a painted surface by a measure called Total Solar Reflectance (TSR).
It’s displayed as a percentage and the higher the number the more effective the coating is at reflecting the radiation away.
Globalcote’s Infracote roof coating comes in an extensive range of colours. And remember, Infracote tends to offer a better reflective capability. So, if your number 1 priority is heat reflection, opt for Infracote.
You can view our paint colours and their TSR measurements here.
Heat Reflective Paint for Roof
Globalcote is fast becoming a leader in the manufacture of specialty acrylic exterior coatings. We have an extensive product range available is a wide variety of colours.
We have an enviable reputation trusted amongst professional tradespeople and paint retailers Australia wide and supply a wide network of retail stores throughout Australia.
For an Australian owned and operated company thinking globally and acting locally, call Globalcote on 1300 928 826.