While it may seem as simple as picking up the paint brush and start splashing on some colour, there is a procedure to follow to know how to paint a tiled roof.
In this blog Globalcote follows a 9-step process to painting a tile roof including the preparation, any repairs required and the best products to use to ensure that your home gets a fresh new look.
9-Step Process to Painting a Tiled Roof
Painting is not as easy as it may appear on TV shows such as The Block. There are a lot of too-boring-to-air factors to consider before you start. Follow our step-by-step guide below on how to paint a tiled roof to guarantee the best finish for your home.
- Inspect – Check for any loose or missing bedding, damaged tiles and moss or lichen.
- Repair/Replace – Any defective valley irons or faulty tiles will need to be replaced.
- Clean – Use a high-pressure cleaner at a minimum 3000psi to clean the entire roof.
- Rebed – Where required, broken tiles should be replaced, and ridge capping is re-bedded.
- Repoint – Use Globalpoint Flexible Pointing for repointing and apply to a clean and dry surface using a trowel. Although you should try to do this with a sunny forecast, if you could experience unexpected rain, spray Globalpoint Quickset or a faster set time.
- Sterilise – Sterilise any fungi or mould with Prepcote using an atomising gun.
- Surface Sealed – Let the Prepcote dry for 4 hours before applying Primecote Sealer Primer to the entire roof area. You should know the surface is sufficiently covered when there is a visible shine.
- 1st Coat – Apply the first coat of Globalcote Elastacote or Infracote Membrane at a spread rate of 5m2 per litre.
- 2nd Coat – Apply the second coat exactly the same as the first and you’re done!
Why Should You Paint Your Tiled Roof
Whether you’ve just built a new house, or you are looking to do some renovations, one of the main reasons to paint your roof is to improve the look of your home. Capture street appeal with a range of colours available from Globalcote – we have something to suit all styles. View our range here.
The process for painting your home also ensures that any maintenance is carried out which will in turn, eliminate any major renovations work that could be required if left unattended.
The range of Globalcote products you should use to paint your roof will also ensure that the colour will last long and withstand all weather conditions.
Where Can You Buy Globalcote Products
Make sure you have the best finish on your home by using the Globalcote products. We are leaders in the manufacture of speciality acrylic coatings and have designed our products to survive the harsh Australian climate.
Globalcote is trusted amongst the largest suppliers in the world. You can buy our products from Paint Place, Bristol, Taubmans, Inspirations and Paint Right to name a few. Find your local supplier through our quick online search.
How to Paint a Tiled Roof
For professional advice on painting your tiled roof, call the team at Globalcote today on 1300 928 826 or visit us online here. We would be happy to discuss any of our products or the process to painting your tiled roof.