You’ve got your paintbrush ready but before you start, make sure you read on to find out how to paint rendered exterior walls.
In this blog, Globalcote shares the best product to use on exterior rendered walls, things to note before you start painting and the application process.
Elastacote High Gloss Membrane is a water based 100% acrylic coating produced by Globalcote which we recommend to use on exterior rendered walls. As a local supplier, we understand just how varied the weather can be in Australia, which is why the technology used in the manufacturing of Elastacote makes is adaptable in extreme heat and cold. The Elastacote membrane paint is durable enough to resist the worst of our summer storms and can withheld the cold snaps in the southern states and New Zealand.
The durable colourfast coating system significantly reduces dirt accumulation, pollution and chemical attack.
Things to Note Before You Start Painting
Before you start painting your existing rendered wall, it is important to;
- Ensure Globalcote compatibility with existing coating.
- Ensure removal of any previous coating that is blistered, loose or flaking using a pressure cleaner.
- Ensure surface is dry prior to coating and not subject to hydrostatic pressure.
- If mould or mildew is evident, pre-treat the surface with Prepcote Surface Treatment and allow to dry prior to coating.
- Repair/replace render or texture where required and allow to cure or dry.
Once you’ve made sure your surface is suitable and ready, follow our 5- step application process of Elastacote to your exterior walls;
- Make sure surface is sound, clean and dry.
- Treat with Prepcote Surface Treatment.
- Apply the first coat of Primecote Sealer Primer.
- Apply the first coat of Elastacote Membrane.
- Apply the second coat of Elastacote Membrane.
Note – Make sure you look at the weather conditions before applying. Do not apply when rain is imminent or during high humidity.
How To Paint Rendered Exterior Walls
At Globalcote, we believe in our products which is why the Elastacote Membrane has a material-only 10-year warranty meaning that it will retain its film integrity and not peel, crack or suffer deterioration as a result of faulty manufacture or formulation of the coating system. To get started on your exterior rendered wall painting, call the team at Globalcote on 1300 928 826 or visit us online here.
Globalcote is fast becoming a leader in the manufacture of specialty acrylic exterior coatings. We have an extensive product range available is a wide variety of colours.
We have an enviable reputation trusted amongst professional tradespeople and paint retailers Australia wide and supply a wide network of retail stores throughout Australia.
For an Australian owned and operated company thinking globally and acting locally, call Globalcote on 1300 928 826.